Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Dear Departed.

I see myself in you,
Err, are you a reflection?

I miss the good old past,
Was there a vicious jinx cast?   

You pulled me apart,
When I was mellow
Made the soul depart,
Oh, I was so shallow..

To realize...

The evenings were never ending,
Your mere existence was a fortune
But for me, life was a new finding.
I crave your presence, now I'm left maroon.

What do you do high up there?
Do you watch us through the blues?
I wonder sometimes how I bear,
The sudden gush of silent coos 

Now I realize... 

You've given me strength,
To live sans you for an eternal length..
Nothing can ever surpass,
Your grit, charm or your wise old class

In my thirteen years with you,
Not a day have I had cue,
You were so strong, yet so vulnerable,
As I see this picture, I'm suffocated in a bubble,

Which I soon know, will burst,
It has just been five years,
Seems like a million eons to me.

I miss you.
Wish you were here.

Swatz

3 comments:

  1. oree FEELINGS!

    superb swathi.. nice one... really.. givin life to that DEPARTED soul, for his rich in ur memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I don't know who you've written this for, but it is damn touching and nice. I can completely relate to how you feel. One thing is for sure, and that is, someone's watching over you, so nothing can ever go wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Manasa: Yep, recent happenings have proved that.. Oh God, now I'm so relieved it is all over.

    ReplyDelete